Mustafa Kemal was not a socialist. But it can be perceived that he is a good organizer, with great understanding, progressive, with good thoughts and an intelligent leader. He is carrying out a war of independence against those plunderers.
– Vladimir l. Lenin, Leader of the Russian Revolution
Today, Turkish history even more than ever is inseparable from Western and European history. Atatürks efforts in this direction were not left without results. The friendship between our countries that has surpassed hundreds of years, has formed the foundation for this development.
– Charles de Gaulle, President of France
The name of Atatürk reminds mankind of the historical accomplishments of one of the greatest men of this century: His leadership gave inspiration to the Turkish nation, farsightedness in the understanding of the modern world, and courage and power as a military leader.
– John F. Kenndey, President of the United States of America
In connection with the permanent memorial facility for Kemal Atatürk, I take pride in presenting my congratulations to Turkey. Your great country that is advancing on the course that he demonstrated has obtained very significant successes.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of the United States of America
My sorrow is that, it is no longer possible to fulfill my strong wish to meet this great man.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt (U.S. President, 10 November 1963)
The sincere tears shed after him by all classes of people is nothing other than an appropriate manifestation to this great hero and modern Turkeys Ata.
– Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1938)
We meet genius people very rarely in centuries. It is so unlucky that, in this century that great genius person belongs to the Turkish Nation.
– D. Lloyd George, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom